We all know that having Google Analytics on your website can provide invaluable data and insights into website traffic, conversion rates, and much more, but what if there was a more indepth way to actually analyse how visitors are really using your website?
Many companies haven’t heard of Hotjar, but we think it’s a pretty neat tool for finding your hottest opportunities for growth online, so we’d like to share with you some key features of the application. Through the UX Design feedback loop, Flint Studios recommends implementing Hotjar as part of a web project so consistent deep dive consumer behaviour analysis can be reviewed and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
Hotjar connects all the dots through one powerful solution so we’ve listed a number of features below that will help you determine if it’s right for your web project. There is a small cost for the solution based on website traffic, but Flint Studios can manage this licence and integration on your behalf.
1. HEATMAPS - By using Heatmaps, companies can Understand what users want, care about and do on your site by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior – which are the strongest indicators of visitor motivation and desire.
2. VISITOR RECORDING - See what your users see therefore eliminating guesswork with recordings of real visitor behavior on your site. By seeing your visitor’s clicks, taps and mouse movements you can identify usability issues on the fly and issues they encounter.
3. CONVERSION FUNNELS - Allow you to see Where are your visitors dropping off and find the biggest opportunities for improvement and testing by identifying on which page and at which step most visitors are leaving your site.
4. FORM ANALYSIS - How are your forms used on your website? – Form Analysis Improves online form completion rates by discovering which fields take too long to ﬁll, which are left blank, and why your visitors abandon your form and page.
5. FEEDBACK POLLS AND SURVEYS - Allow you to Get to know your audience better and Understand the reasons behind consumer behavior. By using these key features companies have all the information at hand to investigate, analyse and improve site data.
The solution is free for companies with less than 2000 page views a day, and Flint Studios is committed to providing all our customers and new clients with as much insight and data on website activity so continual improvement and results can be obtained. If you would like any further information on evaluating consumer behaviour, please contact Heidi Nicolls on 02890 455554 or firstname.lastname@example.org