Job Type: Full-time
Required Experience: 2+ years commercial experience
Location: Head Office - Flint Studios Ltd, Unit 6a, Ravenhill Business Park, Ravenhill Road, Belfast, BT6 8AW
We’re offering an opportunity to join an open, challenging and learning-based environment at a leading Belfast-based digital agency. Be part of the development of differentiated web solutions for a diversity of clients, providing you with a constant variety of interesting projects across the UK.
Flint Studios is an established, multi-award winning web agency. The agency has carved a distinctive niche for itself in delivering results-driven web solutions in what is a highly competitive, crowded sector. The 30-strong team of skilled technical, creative and digital specialists has led to the expansion in various markets with year on year double digit growth. In response, the company requires a PHP Developer to support demand. The successful candidate will be working within a strong, close-knit team, and will be able to drive projects to their successful conclusion so that customers are happy, requirements have been met and budgets adhered to.
Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
- Writing programming code, either from scratch or adapting existing software, to meet business requirements
- The main programming language you will code in is PHP; you will be expected to understand the limitations of its legacy versions, keep up-to-date with the latest releases, and understand backwards-compatibility issues
- Learning PHP frameworks such as the Zend Framework, Laravel, CodeIgniter and content management systems such as Wordpress and ecommerce platforms such as Magento
- Understand the process of database schema design, maintenance and implementation
- Understand and follow company processes for project management
- You should understand any specific service level agreements (SLAs) that projects are working to and help ensure these are being met
- Help other members of staff with issues within your level of expertise to help support and mentor more junior staff
- Ensure testing of all code is carried out before deployment, testing plans are adhered to and browser testing is completed as needed
- Deal directly with clients on the phone, by email or face-to-face in meetings
- Attend training courses as needed
- IT related degree or equivalent qualification
- Working knowledge of the Laravel or Zend frameworks or a framework which is similar.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for working in a fast paced environment, working on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously and have experience of working to deadlines.
- Experience using the LAMP stack would be highly desirable
- Experience with PHP 7, Magento, Vagrant and CPanel and a good working knowledge of Git source control, PHP debugging (X-Debug or similar) and basic Linux shell commands would all be beneficial
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible holidays
- Pension scheme
- Staff events and nights out
- Training and development
- Award-winning opportunities